Permanent full-time position
4 days a week, 32 hours
Hello, we are Normally - a pioneering design, research and technology studio. We bring Artificial Intelligence to the augmentation, innovation and transformation of products and services for the benefit of people, society and the planet.
This is a great opportunity to join Normally at an exciting time. We are based in Shoreditch, London and we work internationally with clients including Apple, IKEA, Yohana, and NHS.
We are expanding our team of hybrid researchers, designers and developers, and are looking for a range of applicants who don’t necessarily fit within fixed roles. We are particularly interested in people who have experience in experimenting with how data and AI can be applied and make a positive impact.
We are currently looking for a Creative Developer to design, build and explore through prototyping – from experiments, to proofs of concept, all the way to delivering end-to-end prototypes for our clients. We build with real data, on real infrastructure and create high-fidelity interfaces.
As a Normally developer, you will work with designers, other engineers and researchers to explore design problems. You will be able to confidently use code to bring ideas to life and iterate on design solutions with a high level of interaction polish.
How you will work
At Normally, we value collective achievement and collaboration over individual success.
Our studio culture places an emphasis on building and sharing collective knowledge. As a Normally developer, you will benefit from, and be expected to contribute to, this curious, creative and supportive environment.
In projects, you will work in small, highly collaborative teams. Project teams are flat in hierarchy and make progress together by working directly with clients. Our project culture is founded on mutual respect, curiosity and a willingness to share.
What you will work on
You will bring your experience into projects and the studio to solve complex challenges and explore new territories.
We work across a broad range of domains such as wellbeing and sustainability to support our clients in their digital transformation journeys. Our approach often leads to the discovery of new products and services, and opportunities to improve existing ones.
What you will be expected to do
- As a creative developer, you should be able to prototype in the service of exploration and delivery.
- You will have a high level of technical understanding and have experience in, working with data and its technologies and how they can be applied in a real-world context.
- You will have a deep understanding of and/or an interest in AI, understand product / service systems and be able to think within a service and brand context.
- You will be able to design concepts and successfully translate them into apps, tools, websites and interactive experiences.
- You will also have an awareness and interest in the advancement of technology and future markets.
- You are curious, creative and resourceful and have good problem solving skills.
- You bring a positive professional attitude, balancing proactivity with thoughtfulness and empathy.
You should have experience using some of the following tech -
- Front-end tech e.g. Vue/Nuxt, React/Next, Svelte
- Tailwind CSS
- Serverless functions e.g. Lambda, GCP Functions, Cloudflare Workers
- Databases e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Firebase
- Salary: £62k - £80k
- Reporting to our Design Directors
- Permanent full-time position - 4 days a week, 32 hours
- We are currently hybrid working between our homes and our Shoreditch studio
- Comprehensive private health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Mental-wellbeing service
- Competitive parental leave
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave on top of working 4 days a week
We don’t expect you to have all the skills and experience mentioned - If you have some or any of the attributes specified in this role, then we encourage you to apply as we have multiple roles available at different levels.
Our work culture suits hybrids, generalists and polymaths, so if you, or anyone you know, have a broad or unconventional background, then please make a general application. We’d love to hear from you.
To apply for this role please send your portfolio and CV to email@example.com , we look forward to receiving your application.