Permanent, full-time position.
4 days a week, 32 hours.
Hello, we are Normally - a highly experimental digital design, research and technology studio based in London.
We are a team of 13 'Normals' who don’t subscribe to any one ‘discipline’. We are fascinated by data, collaborative thinking and making things normally.
We are currently looking for a Design Generalist to help us design how people interact with data, products and services. This role will involve a combination of collaborative and independent working, where you will be working alongside (and at times leading) small teams of designers. You will have experience communicating and sharing your ideas with external stakeholders and have experience working to flexible and iterative project deadlines.
As our Design Generalist you will be able to confidently organise and conduct research, synthesis insights and communicate design throughout each of these phases. You will work with our team of designers to set new design standards for our clients and their services, working across a broad range of industries such as healthcare, transportation, media, circular economy and sustainability. Our approach often leads to the discovery of new products and services, and opportunities to improve existing ones - you will have experience working on similar projects, with a self motivated, collaborative and design led approach.
This is a unique opportunity to become a part of an innovative and thoughtful design studio with a considered, honest and dedicated approach to design. We believe that this role will offer you the chance to further expand on your understanding and to explore and refine your design practice.
We would like you to have experience with:
- Iterative ways of working: identify solutions and areas for discovery early on in your work, use initiative and discernment to best explore and solve design problems.
- Describing user journeys: map user journeys and workflows, represent the stories, voice and needs of users based on insights from user research and data.
- Bring ideas to life: create sketches, mock-ups, designs and prototypes at high levels of fidelity to make ideas tangible for the team, our clients and yourself.
- Confidently communicate your thinking: make sense of complex problem spaces, and explain and evidence your design decisions using simple, non-technical and jargon-free language.
- Helping balance priorities: help identify essential user needs and make decisions based on balancing those with business needs and technological feasibility.
- Emerging technologies: be curious around data products and services, data enabling technologies, broader data policy, and inquisitive about their potential and impact.
- Best practices: awareness of design best practices, around interface design, usability and accessibility.
- Salary: £38,000 – £52,000 depending on experience.
- Reporting to our Design Directors.
- Permanent full-time position - 4 days a week, 32 hours.
- It is important you can work from the studio in London as often as possible, although we are currently hybrid working between our homes and our Shoreditch studio.
- Comprehensive private health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Mental-wellbeing service
- Competitive parental leave
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave on top of working 4 days a week
This position is open to designers with relevant experience and those who may also feel they do not necessarily “fit” the criteria perfectly. We’d still like to hear from you.
To apply for this role please send your portfolio, cover letter and CV to email@example.com, we look forward to receiving your application.
Unfortunately at this time we can not offer visa sponsorship for this role.