Job Opening - Junior Designer
Permanent, full-time position.
4 days a week, 32 hours.
Hello, we are Normally - a highly experimental design, research and technology studio based in London. We are a team of 13 'Normals' who are fascinated by data, collaborative thinking and making things normally.
As a Junior Designer you will work closely with the rest of our team and participate in designing, research and prototyping. In this role, you will help us design how people interact with data, products and services.
You will work with our team of designers to set new design standards for our clients and their services, working across a broad range of industries such as healthcare, transportation, media, circular economy and sustainability. Our approach often leads to the discovery of new products and services, and opportunities to improve existing ones.
This is a unique opportunity to become a part of an innovative and thoughtful design studio with a considered, honest and dedicated approach to design. We believe that this role will offer you the chance to explore your interests, strengthen your understanding and develop your design practice.
We would like you to have knowledge of;
- Working iteratively and seeking feedback and direction: incorporate feedback in your work early and often, use initiative and discernment to best explore and solve design problems.
- Describing user journeys: help map user journeys and workflows, represent the stories, voice and needs of users based on insights from user research and data.
- Bringing ideas to life: help create sketches, mock-ups, designs and prototypes at different levels of fidelity to make ideas tangible for the team, our clients and yourself. Coding is a nice-to-have.
- Communicating clearly: explain and evidence your design decisions and practice simplifying complex concepts, using simple, non-technical and jargon-free language.
- Helping balance priorities: help identify essential user needs and make decisions based on balancing those with business needs and technological feasibility.
- Interest in emerging technology: be curious around data products and services, data enabling technologies, broader data policy, and inquisitive about their potential and impact.
- Best practices: awareness of design best practices, around interface design, usability, accessibility or ethics.
- Salary: £25,000 – £33,000 depending on experience.
- Reporting to our Design Directors.
- Permanent full-time position - 4 days a week, 32 hours.
- It is important that you can work from the studio in London as often as possible, although we are currently hybrid working between our homes and the Shoreditch studio.
- Comprehensive private health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Mental-wellbeing service
- Competitive parental leave
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave on top of working 4 days a week
This position is open to recent graduates, designers with relevant experience and those who may also feel that they do not necessarily “fit” the criteria perfectly - we’d still like to hear from you.
To apply for this role please send your portfolio and CV to email@example.com.
Unfortunately at this time we can not offer visa sponsorship for this role.
We look forward to receiving your application, good luck!